BOARDS

planetluc.com discussion board

all about the planetlu.com scripts

You are not logged in.

Announcement

I had to clean the boards due to massive spam. Actually i deleted everything /-one after 1st Oct 2008. It was the only way to get this spam out of the boards. So i'm sorry for all serious users who registered/posted meanwhile.
  • Index
  •  » RateMe
  •  » Suggestions to be added to the script

#1 29-07-2005 20:42:36

martin

Suggestions to be added to the script

Hi again.
I thought I'd create a topic for suggestions.  It seems the more I use the script, the more sugegstions I have to fine tune it and make it better.  So instead of spamming your forum with multiple topics containing suggestions/ideas, I thought it would be more convenient to create one general suggestions topic.  It would be nice to hear from you on the suggestions to know if you intent on adding them to a future version of the script.

Suggestions:

- ALREADY VOTED:
When the text "You already voted on this cover" appears, it would be nice to be able to show the user what rating he gave to that image.  For instance:
You already Voted.
You ranked this image with a 7.
This image has an average rating of: 5.12
Number of votes: 76

- TOP 10
It would be nice if, when viewing the top 10, the user can see what rating he gave to each image.

It would be nice if, when viewing all images in thumbnails mode, the user can see what rating he gave to each image. 
It would be nice to be able to sort the thumbnails by:
added date
curent rank
rank the user gave the images

#2 30-07-2005 08:46:17

martin

Re: Suggestions to be added to the script

Another suggestion:

- BOTTOM 10
To be able to view a listing of the bottom 10 ranked images.

#3 30-07-2005 19:34:03

martin

- ADMIN: EDITING ENTRIES
Ability to edit entries after they have been uploaded uploaded to the server.  Ie.: edit name

#4 30-07-2005 19:38:57

martin

- REAL THUMBNAILS:
It wuold save on the bandwidth if the thumbnails were real thumbnails. Maybe the script could offer the possibility of using the current system (html width or height to reduce the large image into a thumbnail) or it could use an external application on the server to actually create real thumbnails by reducing the large image.   This would surely save on loading time and bandwidth...

#5 31-07-2005 17:48:01

martin

- DATE LIMIT PER CATEGORY:
It would be nice if we could set a date limit per category.

#6 01-08-2005 00:13:30

admin
Administrator
Website

I'll cionsider these suggestions - but Martin, if you want a full featured foto rating script then you definitely have to choose another one, mine is very basic one. And to be honest I wont do big upgrades for rateme any more. If I'd find time to do so i'd rather do a completely new script.

#7 01-08-2005 00:22:51

martin

I understand.
Sorry to be a bother...
It's just that your script is very functional and one of the best I have found out there. I though you had the potential to further its potential, that's all.

Thank you for your time.

Martin

#8 18-02-2006 18:50:15

EliteRides

I agree with Martin.  It understandable being busy.  At the same time though, I think this script could go big like other widely used scripts.  I have also tried many other "hot or not" style scripts and yours is, by far, the most functional, economical, easy to use, etc. one I have come across.

[url=http://www.eliterides.com]EliteRides.com[/url]

#9 11-05-2006 16:42:11

jcliff

admin wrote:

I'll cionsider these suggestions - but Martin, if you want a full featured foto rating script then you definitely have to choose another one, mine is very basic one. And to be honest I wont do big upgrades for rateme any more. If I'd find time to do so i'd rather do a completely new script.

Just got to work on the script after buying it.  Great stuff because from all the searching I've done, it's by far the best choice based on value and functionality.  The script is easy to work with and manipulate which for a self-taught person is a big plus.  But I see the other side, if you're going to go big, it probably makes sense to go big from scratch.

Perhaps one last clean up on RateMe and having that be the "basic" app along side rolling out the "advanced" (new) app someday?

For example, I found a number of errors where

Code:

?>"?>' 

needed to be replaced with

Code:

?>" 

(minor issues...but again, easy to work with, particularly the install).

As an alternative, why not a community-based MOD approach to be shared in this forum for those that have purchased our licensed script?

• Index
  •  » RateMe
  •  » Suggestions to be added to the script

Board footer